Jacksonville FL Exterior House Painting Cost Guide
Painting the exterior of your home, whether it is a new color or a fresh coat of your current hue, can make a huge difference on your home's curb appeal and property value. Exterior painting costs vary based on home size, style, siding type, location, and more, but for this example we'll look at a standard 1,500 square foot, two-story home with common wood siding, which would cost $2500-$3000 to paint the entire exterior.
- Materials: Most professional painters recommend using a primer and two coats of paint. The paint typically costs $400-$600 depending on brand and quality, which should provide the average 15 gallons needed to paint a 1,500 square foot home. Other materials include rollers, sprayers, and scaffolding. Most professional painters already have the remaining supplies and don't include them in the price. If any part of your home's exterior needs to be repaired, you'll also need to pay for caulk and other repair materials.
- Labor: The majority of your painting budget will go to labor costs. Most professional painters earn an average of $20-$35 per hour, but you'll likely be paying for a team of painters instead of a single person. An average house should take three to six days to prep and paint, expect to pay around $2000 for this.
- Removal and disposal: If some of the home's exterior, such as shutters or trim, is damaged beyond repair, you'll have to pay for it to be removed and thrown away, which normally includes a base of the average labor cost of $20-$35 an hour, plus a premium and any charges to use the landfill.
Enhancement and improvement costs
- Using multiple colors, even for small accent colors, can add up to an extra $1,000 per 1,500 square feet, depending on the number of colors and the area they cover.
- Shutters are typically painted a different color and require more detailed work; plan to add an additional $60-$80 per standard 15-inch shutter.
- Not all painters add exterior doors to their price estimate. Add $100 to your total cost for every exterior door that needs to be painted.
- Unforeseen issues can arise, such as the discovery of water damage or rusty nails. The cost to fix these problems varies based on the magnitude, but expect to spend a larger chunk of change if there are structural issues.
Additional considerations and costs
- Homes with unique architectural features, such as mismatched windows, steep roof lines, or lots of edging, may require more prep work and labor costs. On average, trim costs $1 per square foot to be painted; a standard amount of trim is included in the estimate, but your costs might grow if you have a lot of trim.
- Vinyl or aluminum siding typically requires special paint, which can increase the overall cost by 10%-20%.
- Even if it is good condition, siding that is dirty or covered in mildew will typically require an additional day to clean and prep, which will increase your labor costs.
- Homes built before 1978 may still have lead paint on the siding. If this is the case, the painter will need to scrape and remove the paint. This job can be toxic, so it should only be done by a professional.
This information shared here at Exterior House Painting Cost Jacksonville FL is from /www.fixr.com
Exterior Painter Prices Jacksonville FL
Affordable Painter Jacksonville Specializes in Exterior House Painting Cost Jacksonville FL. If you are looking for info about Exterior Painting Quotes Jacksonville FL, we can help. You will also find answers to questions about Exterior Painting Pricing Jacksonville FL and info on Exterior Painting Estimates Jacksonville FL...
Frequently Asked Questions About Jacksonville House Painters
What is the Average Cost of Painting a Home's Exterior?
Although the cost of painting the exterior of a home can vary substantially depending on location, home size and painting company, many people still want to have a rough estimate as a starting point. On average, homeowners will pay anywhere from $2,943 to $3,971 to have a professional prepare and paint the exterior of their home. This amount includes labor, supplies and the paint itself.
Which Factors Affect the Total Cost of Exterior Painting?
It should come as no surprise to learn that the larger a home is, the more it will cost to paint its exterior. However, size is not the only factor to consider when hiring a professional painter. Accessibility is another big concern, and some homes can end up being incredibly expensive to paint. For example, a three-story home that is 2,000 square feet may be twice as expensive to paint as a one-story home that is the same square footage. This is simply because of the time and effort it takes to paint from atop a large ladder as well as the safety costs involved.
Have you been searching for...
- Exterior Painter Prices Jacksonville FL
- Exterior Painting Quotes Jacksonville FL
- Exterior Painting Pricing Jacksonville FL
- Exterior House Painting Cost Jacksonville FL
- Exterior Painting Estimates Jacksonville FL
Your Search is Over!
When you need help finding the top expert resources for exterior house painting cost - Jacksonville FL - this is your ticket...Ready to Learn More?